It’s here the Nikon D850 one of the most anticipated cameras of recent years…. Now available to Rent from us here at JJ Media Group.
- 45.7MP BSI CMOS sensor (Which means back Illuminated Sensor)
- 7 fps continuous shooting with AE/AF (9 with battery grip and EN-EL18b battery*)
- 153-point AF system linked to 180,000-pixel metering system
- UHD 4K video capture at up to 30p from full sensor width
- 1080 video at up to 120p, recorded as roughly 1/4 or 1/5th-speed slow-mo
- 4:2:2 8-bit UHD uncompressed output while recording to card
- 1 XQD slot and 1 UHS II-compliant SD slot
- Battery life rated at 1840 shots
- 3.2″ tilting touchscreen with 2.36M-dot (1024×768 pixel) LCD
- Illuminated controls
- 19.4MP DX crop (or 8.6MP at 30fps for up to 3 sec)
- SnapBridge full-time Bluetooth LE connection system with Wi-Fi
- Advanced time-lapse options (including in-camera 4K video creation)
What we like:
- Much improved focusing over the D810, the new chip is borrowed from the Nikon D5.
- There’s no low-pass filter so maximum sharpness is guaranteed. We will be testing how it copes with Moire and putting up some results soon.
- The buffer depth is also an impressive 51 Raw frames when recording 14bit files (or 170 in 12bit Raw)
- Focus stacking. The camera can shoot up to 300 photos with 10 levels of bracketed focus from nearest to infinity for software to stack afterwards.
- 8K TimeLapse – New silent option lets the D850 capture loads of images without mechanical shutter wear. Added to this there’s in-camera processing to save time post-shoot.
- You can use it as a negative scanner (although only in jpegs not Raw) when used with Nikon ES-2 Film Adapter in conjunction with a 1:1 Macro lens.
*Using the new battery grip, however, boost this considerably to 5140 images – However this is when used with a Nikon D5 Battery!
We are also looking to get the Nikon WT-7a Wireless transmitter which can transmit Full Raw files in 6 seconds! Making it the fastest wireless option for file transfers of this size – you can also tether over gigabit ethernet as the Nikon D5.
Let us know if you’d like to test it on your next shoot (remember you will need Latest capture One Pro 10.2 – if using your own computer)
Get it contact with one of our Account Handlers to find out more or book the Nikon D850
020 7688 0203